How do I get my daughters cheeks from being so darn chapped if they aren't supposed to have any lotions on the face????

oh yes she is almost 3 months old.

ali_1107

Asked by ali_1107 at 9:27 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Bag balm works wonders!!! Ive found it to heal all kinds of skin irriations with my son!
    dakotasmommy06

Answer by dakotasmommy06 at 9:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• hydrocortizone ointment
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 9:30 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Lanolin
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• but why is it that the doctors don't recommend putting lotions on the face?
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 9:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I'm not sure why you can't put lotion on them. I have never heard of that. I have heard of not putting sunscreen on them. I put baby lotion on my 4 month old all the time and did the same with my other 2 girls.
    mommyof2grls06

Answer by mommyof2grls06 at 10:03 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• i have never heard of not putting lotion on their face. I did for my dd all the time. She has eczema and HAD to have some Eucerin on her at all times.

I also use cheek chapstick. I got it from Walmart...
    Anonymous

• Thanks Anon... That is my problem also.. I am using aquaphore for her right now, but the doctor told me not to put anything on her face... and it is just soo chapped.. I feel horrible and I need to do something.. So since you all haven't heard of this before I am just going to do it anyhow! Thanks very much all of you :)
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 10:14 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• lanolin is 100% natural no chemicals... matter of fact its primary use is chapped nipples...so you put it on your nipples then baby nurses yes it is safe to ingest and safe on faces and anuses and all sorts of parts
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:42 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• are the chapped or dry? My daughter has this stuff called "baby kisses" for chapped lips but it also works for chapped chins and cheeks. When my daughter gets ready to cut a tooth, she gets really chapped on her chin and I will put some of that baby kisses on it and by morning it is all cleared up. If it is dry, no harm in some unscented lotion rubbed in well.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:13 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• i thik baby lotion is fine...
    lanolin is great
    or vasoline
    or an herbal restoration salve.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2009