formula help....

my husband mixed our babies formula a scoop per ounce instead of two ounces, the baby is about a week old, should i be worried about it?

Should i call the pediatrician about it?

Laura_Cruz

Asked by Laura_Cruz at 9:50 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You should definitely monitor your baby's stool. He/she may become constipated from all the iron. I would call the doc just to be on the safe side, and pre-measure the formula for hubby so he can help without worrying in the future. Hope your little one is okay.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 9:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• That can cause major issues if its done very often...it can cause kidney failure. I'd call just in case phone calls cost nothing
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 10:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• My husband did this but it was the opposite problem, he didnt put enough in (it was only a couple bottles when I figured it out). What I did was where the formula and bottles are, there is a dry erase board. It has the amount of scoops and the amount of water written on it. After my husband got yelled out badly by me, he looks at the board everytime he has to make a bottle just to be on the safe side.

As to what to do, i would call the doctor and see what he/she says. I am sure he is okay but to just put your mind at rest, call the 24 hour call number and see what the doctor says.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:00 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• If he's not following the directions properly, yes, you need to be worried. Too watered down or too concentrated both can cause problems. Tell him he needs to follow the directions, or put him in charge of something else if he can't be bothered to do that.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:05 PM on Dec. 1, 2009