ANYONE HAD BLADDER PROLAPSE, PELVIC FLOOR PROLAPSE. MY DOCTOR SAYS DO NOTHING YET, BECAUSE I HAVE A STAGE ONE, BUT IF THINGS SEEM TO BULDGE OUT WHILE PASSING STOOLS, THAT'S MAKING ME VERY UNEASY, AND UNCOMFORTABLE. THE BULDGE DIDN'T APPEAR ON THE EXAM TABLE, BUT IT SURE APPEARS WHEN I'M ON THE TOILET, TRYING TO PASS STOOLS. WHAT TO DO? HELP?

MEDICAL QUESTION ABOUT PELVIC PROLAPSE

JOJODREXL

Asked by JOJODREXL at 9:51 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Health

• Way too much info. Ask a doctor.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 9:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Can you see it coming out while you are straining? I would be amazed if your doctor is not concerned about this. In some women (usually older), the uterus actually comes out the vagina and has to be put back in. I would get a second opinion.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:45 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• oops...I meant to say the cervix comes out, not the uterus.
    Iamgr8teful

• this is actually very common. women just won't admit it happened to them after childbirth. gynecologists wouldn't be so busy with surgeries if it weren't so common. anywho........you can do kegel's but they won't help much. you can start by doing a few things.
    lose weight, and start excercising your core muscles-pilates & yoga.
    start eating more fiber and lots of it and drink more water so that the stool leaves your body naturally on it's own rather than you trying to push it out.
    go back to your gynecologist and tell him straight up you want it repaired.
    If he says you are not a candidate, you can get a second opinion.

keep in mind, surgery needs to be done after you decide to not have any more kids. or you'll be right back in this situation, especially if you don't do you post partum excercises.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:33 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I would find a new doctor..
    I had surgery back in Feb. I had what was called a TVT-O and an anterior repair done. Mine wasnt an issue with passing stools, mine was an issue of not being able to cough, sneeze or laugh without having an "issue".
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 10:30 PM on Dec. 1, 2009