Good and bad of taking out an IUD?

I'm resorting to other means of BC so pregnancy won't be a bad for me. Lol I just want to know what to expect. How did you feel when getting your IUD removed? Was it painful? Did it take long? Did your hormones and periods go back to normal (pre-insertion)? Were there any problems? I'm having mine taken out tomorrow and things like this make me a little uneasy. The insertion was scary enough.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Health

• I had the Mirena IUD and the removal was so quick (It took like 30 seconds to take out) and painless. My period returned two days later ( I didn't have it the entire time I had the iud in.) and they were normal, just like they were before I had it put in. I felt so much better within a week of the thing coming out (I had a lot of issues that came with it)
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 30, 2009