Kind of a stupid question...

If something is silver plated, does that mean that the silver will wear off over time? It's a bookmark, but when I see silver plated, it makes me think of costume jewelry that tends to get yucky looking after being used a while, and I know this bookmark would be used alot, so I don't want to get it if it's going to come off. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Holidays

• Yeah I would think it would. I bought myself a couple bookmarks, they are pink ribbons with a pewter heart at one end and a pewter angel at the other. They are nice. I'm sure you could find them at any gift shop. I ordered them from school so I'm not sure the name of the company...
    They kind of resemble these..
    http://www.demco.com/goto?BLK2790&LPCP25
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:37 PM on Nov. 30, 2009