What is the deal with husbands and taking out the trash?

Does anyone's husband actually take it out before it piles up and you have to ask him to?

1st_LadyD

Asked by 1st_LadyD at 10:28 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• I ask him too, but i dont care that i have to ask. its not a big deal, and he normally does it when i ask. if he doesnt then i just do it. he is so good about helping me around the house, and on the weekends he lets me sleep in while he gets up with the kids so i have no room to complain about trash ya know.
    Ronnies_Girl

Answer by Ronnies_Girl at 11:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• yup, but we have a 16 year old son to do that now lol. But we all pitch in with the trash
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:31 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• LOL!!! Not mine!! I have to ask and then make up another bag...usually a paper one (like you get at the grocery store). Then he gets mad that I started a new bag. Gotta love them though!!
    Jem0582

Answer by Jem0582 at 10:32 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• i quit asking...i started doing it myself..but with a little bit of attitude because i get tired of him letting it pile over. He knows that when i take it i'm pissed
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:36 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• ...i think he lets it pile up just to test me to see if i will do it. I know its a f*cked up way to think but i just know he does it
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I pull the bag out of the can and leave it in front of the door so he can't get in or out without taking it.
    Anonymous

• Yes he takes out the trash before it piles up
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:03 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• lol yea i went through that battle for like 5 months after we were married..we only been married for 7, lol. I would get pissed off if I had to take it out because we live in a complex and you have to walk over to the dump..but alot of times b4 he actually got it I had to do it...i tried the leaving it in front of the door thing..which actually works, lol...but they can be like puppies you have to train them to do everything, lol, sad but true
    Anonymous

• I have always taken out the trash, it is not that big of a deal and so not worth fighting over.
    Anonymous

• I always ask him to do it which is fine with me and he never has a problem with it.
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 11:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2009