Looking for some advice for my first attempt at helping my dd to learn to sleep better...

She just turned 6 months and she likes to get up every 2 hours (if I'm lucky) to nurse for 5 minutes and then falls back to sleep. I know this is a bad habit I've allowed her to get used to... So I have put her down BEFORE she is completely asleep after nursing her so she falls to sleep on her own, but she's still getting up every 1-2 hours....I let her cry for maybe 3-5 mins but that's all I can take. My plan when she wakes up again is to go in and not pick her up and try to comfort her but what if she keeps crying?? Any advice? Thanks!

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 10:32 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It may sound harsh, but deal with it. Seriously, that's just how some babies are. It's not a bad habit. Your child is seeking your comfort. Have you tried not to nurse her, but just hold her and comfort her instead?
    Anonymous

• CO BED
    and read the no cry sleep solution
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:39 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I think you're right. She is such a good baby and she just wants my comfort. Thanks for saying what I was feeling!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 10:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I was going to suggest what the PP said. Try rocking her without nursing, maybe daddy could try getting up and since he does not produce milk, she might get bored and fall right back to sleep.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2009