Walking

So I have a question. I have an 11 month old son who has been crusing since he was about 8 to 9 months old. He has a lil friend at chruch that is exactly a week younger and she has been walking since she was 9 months old. I have been told that boys are slower at learning to walk...is this true? I know every baby learns at their own pace but I am just curious!?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 10:48 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my sons 13 months and still wont walk.
    he took two steps today and i was soo thrilled!!!!
    but yes boys r slower and all babies r different.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 10:50 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• You know, I don't know. My kids were like that. My son didn't even crawl till he was 9 months old, he was too fat to get his belly off the floor lol. He walked at 11 months or so. Now my daughter was crawling at 4 months and full time walker/runner at 9.5 months
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:51 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• every baby walks at their own pace. my son didn't start till 14 months, and my dd is 16 months and not walking yet. but yes, girls are normally faster and smarter than boys :) my dd may not walk yet, but she certainly is smart! SHE understands NOT to touch the christmas tree, but obviously my toddler doesn't. ugh!
    Anonymous

• I don't agree with that saying that boys are slower at learning to walk, my hubby walked at 6 and 1/2 months and I walked at 7. Our 4 and 1/2 month old is beginning to stand on his own already and absolutely hates tummy time and trying to crawl.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 10:58 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• He will walk when he is ready. Don't compare him to other children. Just love him for who he is. He will progress at his own pace

Answer by admckenzie at 11:52 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I agree, you'll drive yourself nuts comparing him to others. My neighbors son was RUNNING at 9 mos. My daughter didnt even take her first step til 15 mos. Didnt walk walk til 16 mos, and is just now learning to run at 18 mos.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 1:01 AM on Dec. 1, 2009