Fungal infection?

I'm taking my daughter (3 years old) to the doctor in the morning, but I'd like some input to see if I'm totally off base, or if my idea is possibly correct.

I think my daughter may have a fungal infection around her eyes, and now a little on her nose. It's not pink eye (conjunctivitis) because it's not pussy and making her eyes stick together. It's only the eyelids that have redness and some yellowish scaliness to them, and a bit on the side of her nose. Her eyeballs themselves are not pink or anything. It's just the skin.

That's why I think it's just a fungal infection. It started out on just one eye and we thought it was just because she had been wrestling with the puppy and got scraped. But today I noticed it on the other eye and on her nose, and it's been several days since she was around the puppy, so I know it's not from that. Could I be right, or am I totally off on this? Just some input would be nice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Could it be psoriasis?
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 1:14 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• OP here. I don't think so, Melissa. It doesn't seem to hurt her or itch at all, really. She hasn't seemed bothered by it in the least, in fact. She doesn't touch or rub at her eyes more often than normal or anything. I was looking things up, and saw that it could be the same form of dermatitis that causes cradle cap, which is something she had when she was an infant, but I'm still taking her to the doctor in the morning.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Dec. 1, 2009