does anyone have any good ideas to help me stop breastfeeding and dry up the milk?

ercampbell2001

Asked by ercampbell2001 at 12:02 AM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My OB/GYN had mentioned that when I was ready to stop breastfeeding, I could switch to a combination birth control pill & that would help it dry up.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 12:22 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• When you stop, your breasts will fill up and be painful. Cabbage leaves in your bra will help. Nope - I'm not kidding!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:02 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Cabbage leaves!!!! Agreed!!!
    love_my_boys

Answer by love_my_boys at 1:12 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• i heard cabbage leaves will help and i tried them but couldnt bare the smell so i only used em for a day or so. your breasts will become very large and very very sore. i think mine got engorgment. i pumped them after like 4 days of trying to dry em up. 3 oz out of each. they were fine after that and its been about a almost 2 weeks since i started drying em up. DONT take hot showers , take baths , DONT let water run on them, wear really tight sports bras. everyone is diff. but in case they get engorged dont be afraid to pump them. it HELPED me not hurt. people think that will tell your body to make more milk and it didnt for me. ( i had tons of milk supply). good luck
    Leathersj

Answer by Leathersj at 5:28 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• The nurses at the hospital told me to use cabbage leaves and wear a very tight bra. If the pain gets to bad you can try to put something cold such as an ice pack wrapped in a hand towel on them.
    pcricket1008

Answer by pcricket1008 at 9:28 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Breast milk is the best thing you can give to your baby. Why do you want to stop? I would rethink this decision if I were you. I regret my decision to stop every day.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 1:13 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• what i did was breastfeed a little less each day. never got the horrible pain from my breast getting too full cause i was slowly weaning.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 1:03 AM on Jun. 28, 2008