How do you get your shape back without losing your fat first?

I mean that i've had three children within the last 4 years...not only has my body changed in the sense you can tell i've given birth but my butt is practically non-existant, hips more square and when i get rid of excess fat, i'm a slender size 7 whereas before kids, i was a curvy size 9-10. most say to lose the fat first, then build muscle but with all my muscle missing i feel like skin and bones once all my excess weight is gone, ya know?

zarine

Asked by zarine at 11:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I too had 3 kids in 4 years! Go us!!! I would say just do exercises that tone your body. If not losing the "fat" isn't the concern, than just focus on what is the concern - toning up what you've got and building some new muscles.
    MaryAnne3mommy

Answer by MaryAnne3mommy at 11:45 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Work on both at once. Building muscle will actually help you burn fat faster, and once you get you body weight down you won't look like skin and bones!

I lost most of my weight before I started lifting but that was only because I couldn't lift until I was 9m pp. I was what you call "skinny fat" meaning I was skinny but with too much body fat. After I started lifting I actually gained muscle weight and continued to lower my body fat. If you want to check out me "story" and pics on The Shape of a Mother website.

Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 1:07 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• that doesn' really make sense to me.
    siren_sexy

Answer by siren_sexy at 12:29 PM on Dec. 5, 2009