New Afghanistan deployments. Do you know if a loved one is being deployed?

Obama is set to announce the deployment of around 30,000 troops. The first group of Marines is expected to be deployed before Christmas.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/11/30/obama-issues-final-orders-afghanistan-strategy/

I was just wondering if any of you ladies had news. My thoughts and prayers are with you all as we wait.

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 11:39 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• My husband's cousin just got word that he will be deploying soon. Luckily, my husband will be getting out of the Army in January. It has been 8 crazy years of deployments, trainings, army buddies, and memories (some good, some bad). I am just glad that this is one less stress in our lives right now. My thoughts and prayers are with the families that have a loved one deployed or are soon to be deployed.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:44 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• my dh is deployed now but coming home soon! i'm so upset about this, i mean i know we're at war and all but at the same time i'm scared my dh may have to go again right after he gets back...he's already been gone for almost a year now. i do have a friend of mine leaving soon, and he just got back the beginning of this year. i'm not sure where he's going though...
    Anonymous

• My cousin just deployed last month.
    And my DH still has another 2 years in the Army. I hope and pray that they will not deploy him for his last year.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:56 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• 2 family members heading to the middle east in the next few months.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I don't want my husband to go either! We don't have any news of a deployment as of yet. You know, this is what we do as a military family. It isnt' easy for any of us, even when we know the cause is just. My sweet husband says it is better there than here and I know he is right.

I just sometimes want to hop a plane, go over there and tell them to straighten up! I don't want to change the way they believe, I just want to change their belief that they should kill us! It's too bad we can't just use the Mom approach..you play in your yard and you play in yours, if you can't talk nicely through the fence don't talk at all...or that famous Mom line, because I said so that's why!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:12 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• 1 friend of ours (army national guard) is on alert - has been for a few weeks but we haven't heard anything new. My brother (army reserves) hasn't heard anything as far as I know - they've only been to Iraq once, and have been home for 3 years now. A guy from our church, I'm not sure what army branch he is but he's MP in it, has been to Iraq twice but nothing's been said around church if he's on alert or anything. We know a few others in various branches but haven't heard if they've heard anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Gah really .
    I hope my Best friend doesnt go.
    He is marine
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:29 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Hubby is 10th mountain division. He will be going. They havn't announced it, but they just made them get all of their shots, made them bring their acu's and pt's to the base and they are having a 2 week long training somewhere out in the woods. Last month obama was thinking about sending 2 groups from 10th mountain and 1 marine groups. They already announced the marines, 10th mountain will be next. Its our first deployment.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:30 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• My sil's ex husband is going to Afghanistan in a few months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Dec. 1, 2009