My son

my son only likes to sleep on his tummy, everytime I lay him down to sleep on his back he doesn't stay asleep long but when I lay him on his tummy he'll sleep for hours. That worries me though at night I lose sleep because I'm constantly checking on him...is that bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• just keep flipping him on his back, my boy was the same way.
    Anonymous

• I always let my babies sleep on their belly and had no problems. I just made sure there were no pillows, stuffed toys or loose sheets to compromise their breathing.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• My second did this too. Just remove all items from crib to reduce the risk of suffocation.
    MaryAnne3mommy

Answer by MaryAnne3mommy at 11:57 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• my son was a month and a half old and would only sleep on his tummy. I was scared to death for the first two weeks that I'd wake up and run to check on him. He'd be soud asleep and fine. Now he is 11 months old and will not sleep any other way. Good luck momma...I know its scary but its okay. Just like others have said just keep extra blankets and stuffed animals out his crib
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:13 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Yes it's bad. It's been proven that tummy sleeping increases the risk of SIDS but you are increasing that risk just so you can get some sleep. What good will checking on him do? Unless you plan on checking on him every 5 mins it's not going to help him if he stops breathing.
    People on here will tell you that there baby slept on their belly and they are "fine" but what about the babies who aren't fine? You should ask that mom if it's worth the risk.
    I would never want to take that risk and know that if my son were to die that it might have been prevented. My son woke up hourly for months... but I still did everything I could do to prevent SIDS... there was no way I would have ever put him on his tummy.... not just so I could get some sleep.... I would never have forgiven myself.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:39 AM on Dec. 1, 2009