If I am married but just found out that DD is not my husband's (and he doesn't know it), does that make me a single parent?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nope! It makes you in a pickle!!!
    MaryAnne3mommy

Answer by MaryAnne3mommy at 11:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I think more than a pickle...better go find better advice than what you'll get on CM. And I mean the legal kind.
    Anonymous

• No. It makes you (and i'll keep my opinions to myself here) in a whole world of trouble. That's not something you should be keeping from your husband.
    Anonymous

• Huh? Ummm.....yeah. In a pickle about covers it. Why would you ask such a thing? If you are married and he's actively in the house with you, why would you be a single parent?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• No you are not a single parent if you are raising a child with a spouse. Would you think adoptive parents are single parents? Nope. Stepparents single parents? Nope. I hope dh is a nice guy who is understanding and loves the child or you might become a single parent.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:03 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• No. You are married and he's providing for you and your child so no you aren't. If you were that would make all moms who married a man after already having a child from a previous relationship a single mom. A single mom is a mom who not married. A married mom is...ta da...married. It doesn't matter WHO she is married to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• No but I bet when he finds out you will be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• What anon :19 said!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 12:51 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• How did you just find out? Did you have a test done?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• If his name is on the birth certificate he is considered her legal father unless he or you have it legally removed. So he is her father whether it is his sperm or not that got you pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Dec. 1, 2009