Is pain normal at 5 weeks?

I am 5 weeks and 2 days and have had pms like symptoms since the day b4 i missed my period. everyone says this is normal but im worried. i will have such uncomfortable feelings in my sides and stomach. I will hurt in my right side thne it will switch to my left or sometimes both at once. My back and stomach also ache and are tender. I also have some mild crampin. Anyone else have this...I just need some peace of mind!

ediswife

Asked by ediswife at 12:04 AM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• With all 3 of my kids I would have some minor cramping the first two months. As long as your not bleeding, you are most likely okay. Just reduce sharp movements and heavy lifting for a little while.
    MaryAnne3mommy

Answer by MaryAnne3mommy at 12:11 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I agree. I had horrible period-like cramps, so bad I thought for SURE I was miscarrying. I went to the ER, had an ultrasound and everything was fine. I was 5w 6d. I'm now 33 wks and still fine!
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 12:55 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I cramped really bad this pregnancy, too, just like you. It finally stopped around 10 weeks and the Dr. said it was round ligament pain. I don't know why, but dang it was awful and nerve wracking!
    If the pain is persistent on one side I would get checked immediately just in case it's an ectopic pregnancy.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 7:55 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• its normal i am in my #3 preg and i have done it with all 3 i ven spott for a couple of weeks and i have 2 healthy girls and am 6 weeks with my #3
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 10:29 AM on Dec. 1, 2009