more wedding questions =]

i can NOT seem to find the RIGHT dress. I know what I want. I can find similar ones, but nothing JUST right. I'm thinking about getting it custom made. Any idea on how much this costs? I don't want to spend more than 1500 and that's pushing it... I want it WHITE and strapless with a corset back, dropped waist, a-line yet ballgown at the same time, medium to a lot of beading, a medium/short train and i want that pickup skirt that looks like a down comforter in the back [lol]... anyone have ANY idea how much im looking at? im sure its going to be alot. ugh. any other suggestions? i dont want to "settle" for less. i want the perfect dress for my perfect wedding. every woman deserves it. please help! lol
oh and the other thing... how old is too old for a flower girl? the youngest girl in either of our families is going to be about ten when the wedding date comes... i think thats a bit too old... opinions?

mommykayti

Asked by mommykayti at 12:27 AM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't think 10 is too old for a flower girl, and I don't know how much you're looking at but it sounds like you are going to be beautiful!!! Good luck!
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 12:37 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I have no idea how much a dress would cost to have custome made. I think 10 is ok for a flower girl. I got my dress at David's Bridal for $100.00. It was the exact dress I was looking for. I went to ONE store and tried on THREE dresses so I lucked out.
    Mommy2_two

Answer by Mommy2_two at 12:41 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Thanks for your input ladies =] And thank you heartfrommyson. And mommy2 two, you're sooooooooo lucky. I've been looking for WEEKS for mine. I know it takes time but gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 12:46 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I found my dress at dhgate.com it was custom made and was only like $160. If you order from there you will need to buy acrinilyn though. They have TONS of dresses!! 10 is not too old at all! My sister was 11 when she was in my wedding!! I have pictures of my dress to show you what it looks like if you want to check it out!! good luck and congrats!! :D
    lovinthislife08

Answer by lovinthislife08 at 1:14 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• thank you, ill check it out... and yes, id love to see your dress =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 1:21 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• My dress was custom made (by my mom, I lucked out!) and it only cost her about $200 for the material. She copied a dress that I found and loved, (with some changes, of course) but it was about $900. Ask around at places that do alterations, and you may find someone who makes dresses on the side. Good luck.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:28 AM on Dec. 1, 2009