12 week old baby fusses with anyone besides mom??

I have a 12 week old daughter and she will rarely ever let anyone hold her besides me. If my husband picks her up she screams bloody murder and wont even take a paci yet when i take her she calms down almost immediatly. I'm starting to feel bad because people wanna hold her and she freaks and my husband is getting upset?

CaityMarie

Asked by CaityMarie at 12:59 AM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• One of my boys did that to me, it was very emotionally draining on me and my husband. the good news is it will pass in a few months. It wasnt colic because i took him in several times to be checked, he was just a mommas boy and only wanted me. Luckily I had a great neighbor who he seemed to do well with and she would come over and hold him to give me a break when I really needed it.

I honestly think it happened because while pregnant my husband was away alot and then worked very odd hours so once the baby came he still worked odd hours and i was the only constant person there.

My oldest and my youngest both had dad around while i was pregnant and after they were born and they never acted that way. Today my son is 8 and you would never know that he was that way as a baby but he still is a mommas boy lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:06 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• It's normal. Babies are hardwired to want to be with their mothers who are their source of food, warmth, and protection. Some babies need their mothers more than others mainly due to their personalities.

Other people will get over it.

Tell your husband that when she becomes more adventurous and feels confident in leaving your arms she will be clingy on him and then YOU will be the one feeling sad. Babies go through both phases.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:08 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• It's normal. Babies are hardwired to want to be with their mothers who are their source of food, warmth, and protection. Some babies need their mothers more than others mainly due to their personalities and growth spurts. At 12 weeks babies have another growth spurt and if they were nursing they'd be attached to their mother's breast -- a bottle fed baby also wants to be with mother...its normal.

Other people will get over it.

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:09 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• 100% normal. YOU are her security for right now. PLenty of time for her to get secure with other people.

And tell dad that in a year, it will be All Dad All The Time, to the point where he will want to escape.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:02 PM on Dec. 1, 2009