By what week would you know you have a ectopic pregnancy?

?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The time frame is different for everyone. usually about 5-6 weeks after conception a dr diagnos it with an U/S. If you think you have an ectpic you need to call your Dr right away to have an ultrasound done to confirm it. It is very serious and not something to be ignored. Severe stabbing abdominal pain is a major sympton.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 1:34 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Very early. Theres no time frame, but prob. By around 6wks. Major symptoms are SEVERE cramps and fever.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 1:59 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• like others said. In the very beginning of the pregnancy 5-6 weeks you would start to feel the effects.
    Ambereno144

Answer by Ambereno144 at 3:39 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• About 6 weeks for most people. I read between 6-8 weeks but I wasn't even 6 weeks when I started having severe pain on my right side. I went to the Dr. and they were concerned but sent me home. The next day I had a fever, dizzy, stupid high blood pressure and high pulse, and the pain was sooo intense I could barely walk. My tube never burst but it was confirmed through u/s it was ectopic and I recieved a shot and started bleeding a couple days later. It took almost a week for the pain to go from awful to sore to completely better.
    If you think that's what you have, you need to see your Dr. asap and be persistent, it can get dangerous very quickly if left untreated!
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 7:52 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• am sure u would no if u were having an eptopic preg as if it is egnored it could kill u, u would be in a lot of pain too
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 9:07 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I had one and the doctor said he guessed I was around 6 weeks. It is harder to tell because with an ectopic pregnancy the egg grows faster than it would if it were a normal pregnancy. You will know if you have one, or atleast know something is wrong. I had severe cramping for a couple days before I found out. The day I went to the doctor, they were so bad I couldn't do anything. I cried because they hurt so bad. Also, I was bleeding lightly.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 3:14 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I had one and had no idea until it was almost too late...I was on BC and nursing my 9 month old. I do not have a period when I am nursing. I started what I thought was my period went for 3 days and stop 2 days started again. I figured well it has been so long this one will just be longer than usual. I woke the next day and I dont know what exactly happened only what hubby and mom say. The tube had ruptured and I had been bleeding for several days almost died from it. DEFFINATLY NOT SOMETHING TO WAIT and SEE ABOUT..................
    Bleaf

Answer by Bleaf at 1:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2009