Sometimes I get very frustrated with my daughter and

lose my temper and yell a little bit. I then feel guilty immediately afterward. Oddly enough, my daughter doesn't seem to care one way or the other, she usually thinks it's funny. She is 17 months. I guess I am just a naturally loud and rambunctious type of person, so maybe she can't even tell that I'm mad? Before you go bashing me, this is something that bothers me and I am working on bettering myself, because she deserves to have a very nice and calm mommy. Do you think it's possible that she is just used to me being kinda high strung, a bit loud and just thinks of me like this? For instance, while she was eating dinner, I was doing the dishes and singing crazy songs to her and dancing around like a nut and she just giggles. Maybe she just thinks I"m a little nutty?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• LOL my sister in law is the same way very loud and crazy and we all love her for it, I sometimes hear people who say "i cant believe she talks to her kids like that!" but if you watch her kids they know when she is mad and when she is just being mom they can tell the difference even when others cant. so yes it is possible she is just very used to you.

Dont be too hard on yourself we all get a little loud sometimes it happens it is a part of parenting and we learn from it and move on. I dont know anyone who hasnt yelled at their child at least once when they became so frustrated they just needed to scream.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:20 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Thank you for your response. It does make me feel better. It's nice to know that she may love me FOR my nuttiness some day! I do need to work on releasing my frustration in another way without raising my voice to my baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• you sound like me, my dd is now a teen and she's just as nutty as i am plus she adores me, she's a great kid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• lately I have been like that with my kids too especially my 3 year old daughter...I just get soo stressed that I yell at her...and it is like she doesnt even notice because I always talk loud lol
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 2:04 AM on Dec. 1, 2009