Toddler Bed?!?

My little girl is 18 months and i just wanna know when to start trying to get her to sleep in a toddler bed? I have one and she can get on and off of it fine. But they couple of times she has slept on it she falls out of bed...She is a very wild sleeper. i thought about buying extra rails but then again if i do that i think she will dislike it because she wont be able to get out of it as easy. so should I start now before i have her little sister in February or wait awhile?

twogirls2010

Asked by twogirls2010 at 1:45 AM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am not sure because my kids sleep with me lol...but if you need the crib for your new baby, then itt probably would be best to get her use to it now...that way she doesnt go right to it when the baby comes, and then it might be harder.... if she falls out...maybe just put pillows or even put the crib mattress ont he floor below it for now, just in case.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 2:02 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I would just get the extra rails. My son was in one at a year ld because he always would gete out of his crib anyways LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:08 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• You could always just throw the mattress on the floor. Then when she falls out she will only fall a few inches.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• If you need the crib for the baby, make the switch NOW. Start with a nap in the bed (remove the crib, put it in storage for a bit) so it's not pitch black the first time she sleeps in it.

Better to do it now rather than later after the baby is here and she suddenly sees she's relegated to the bed, while the baby gets HER crib!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:41 AM on Dec. 1, 2009