why do i feel relieved?

when my husband leaves for work i know he'll be gone for at least one week and if i'm lucky two. so with him gone so long why do i feel relieved he's gone? i had to have loved him or i wouldn't marry him ... right? so why do i feel such hatered towords him? .... btw if you don't want to answer this it's ok because i think it was more of a destresser then anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• Is it hatred that you feel or you just enjoy the break? I think its normal to sometimes want a break from your partner but Ive never enjoyed being apart for that long...
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 3:22 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I'd have to know more about your relationship with him when he is around in order to answer the question.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:11 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I used to love when my x left. I could relax and do things my way. I welcomed him home when he came back. Those breaks are what kept us together so long! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 8:31 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I'd say you feel relief when he leaves because there are deeper issues between you. Something for you to think about while he's gone.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 8:52 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• It sounds like there is some kind of problem between you, even if it's not one you recognize yet. When I was married to my ex, he was home every day after work, and on weekends. I looked forward to the work week, and the days while he was gone, b/c I didn't love him, didn't trust him, and didn't really want to be with him, even though I hadn't admitted it to myself yet. My boyfriend now works as an otr truck driver, so he's gone for 3 weeks at a time, and I miss him more than I could ever express. I live for the time when he comes home, and I dread the day he has to leave. So it sounds to me like there's got to be something going on between you two.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:48 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• he's an otr so he's gone for awhile at a time and we are having major problems, nothing a councler can fix (as if he'd even go to one or pay for me to see one) . he treats me like dirt and asks like he don't care how i feel ... ALL THE TIME. i have to beg for anything i'm not allowed to do anything, and no it's not like i can just get up and walk out. i homeschool and he lets me stay home with the kids all the time even though he complains i don't do anything to help him out (like cleaning his house, fixing his meals, fixing everything he starts but NEVER finishes ... is doing nothing i guess) but when he comes home first thing he does is leave to his parents house and expects me to follow (i have agoraphbia so i can't leave my house) so he don't call to let me know he's already eaten at his moms (wasted food here) , i could go on but i'm running out of characters. thats just the smidge on top our problems.
    Anonymous