I just wanted to share something and have you all ponder the thought, share stories or even beliefs with me about something....

I'm not asking to cause drama or be controversial. As some of you know, I have cervical cancer and have been in pain since June and worse pain since surgery, tumor growth and overall cancer pain and fatigue. Anyone who knows me has seen the difference in my interests, activity, moods, eating and drinking habits, and sense of humor. I ran out of vicodin 5mg (my source for pain relief for the past 2 weeks), Theholidays it made it impossible to get refilled. This weekend I asked a long time friend who is using medical marijuana for his "back"and I finally gave in and asked him to educate me on what he knows and he really convinced me of how and why medical marijuana is a blessing and not a curse. All I can say is that I have been vicodin free for 3 days and pain free. Not to mention I am pooping more regularly and normally after 3 days prior of being constipated, it is making me crave protein and mood is my usual happy self

ItsMeGigi69

Asked by ItsMeGigi69 at 2:52 AM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think there are real legit illnesses (such as yours) that are helped immensly with Medicinal Marijauna. Just like with the vicodin or any other pain killer, people are prescribed these meds for no reason and it undermines the ethical usage for the drug. Because people abuse it, the people who need it are either less likely to get it/try or they feel like criminals for getting relief.

I think you are using it right, it's working, and you should be relieved and glad to have found something that works for you.

I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnosis! I hope everything goes well with your treatment.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:43 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Oh hey honey. I am sorry to hear things had gotten so bad. I am sorry I havent been on. While I dont agree personally with pot usage at all , I am very happy and grateful you are feeling better!!!!
    I have been praying for you.
    How have things been otherwise?
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:56 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• My dad lived in a state where medical MJ was legal and I am thankful for that, he was in horrid pain and when on pain killers he was so out of it and not really part of life he slept all the time, once his doctors switched him to a combo of the pain pills and medical mj he was able to be awake and enjoy what little time he had left.

I have no problems with it being used medically under the right circumstances, I do have a problem with someone who does not have a medical issue severe enough to warrant it use it and then claim its for medical reasons. I have had serious back issues since i was 19, and last week my back went out again and i cried constantly due to the pain and i used the pills my doctor gave me for the pain, not MJ, My back pain is not a case for smoking weed. cancer and other terminal illness in my eyes is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Anon,12:00, I sooooooooo agree with you, you sound like me like 3 months ago. Yes, my friend and ALL of that side of the family have smoked pot for YEARS just for fun! Long story short, I have been friends with this large, extended, very close family for years and along the way my brother ended up with a sister in that family and now, well we all hang out again. The running joke is that when I met them I was 20 and was a workaholic, non-drinking, non-drug girl and always had money but spent it on bills and clothes and spoiled ppl. NOW, Miss goody two shoes is inquiring and partaking in pot. I unserstand you saying that a doc has to approve. :SIGH: but if you were in my shoes for the past months, maybe, just maybe you would understand why I am posting this question. Now I am on the other side of the coin. I am not recommending it for anyone, I am just speaking for myself.
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 3:14 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Sounds like it's working for you! And I've got to believe it's better for your body then taking a bunch of vicodin!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 3:34 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Can I get an AMEN! Blueliner! lol. I will give my full hands on opinion whne I am done with this experiment.
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 4:04 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Marijuana is far safer than vicodin. Ask you doctor hypothetically what he thinks. I'm all for the medical use of marijuana. Its silly that docs have to prescribe more dangerous and less effective drugs that haven't even been researched or time tested. Marijuana has been prevalent in our society far to long for any dangerous side effect to NOT have concrete evidence behind them. Yet drug companies will come up with and market new pain meds every year. Sorry I don't want to get off on a rant...I just want to tell you that many people agree with your use of marijuana and even if a cop caught you smoking, I think he'd go find something more important to do.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:11 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I'm sorry you are going through all of this ! I think in your case medical marijuana is perfectly fine if it's doing the job ! One question though that I'm curious about.....did you already smoke before this? or is smoking completely new to you as well? just curious....I don't think I could personally smoke MJ just because I've never smoked anything before, lol...needless to say I find smoking scary......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:01 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I am so glad this is working for you . I use it myself occasionally, but not for serious medical issues like you. But when I get a migraine headache, it helps alot. I also have arthritis and fibromyligia, so it helps with this too. It does help with pain. I hate pain pills and refuse to take them. I dont like the way they make me feel, and they are very addictive. MJ isn't addictive and improves mood, helps digestion, improves appitite, and best of all relieves pain.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Dec. 1, 2009