egg yolks???

anyone give thier baby egg yolks (hard-boiled egg yolk)?? i read that the egg white is whats allergenic and that the egg yolk is good for brain development, theres no allergies to foods in the family.

MaciesMommy09

Asked by MaciesMommy09 at 2:57 AM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I havent given them to my 7 month old yet. But my son was eating scrabbled eggs at about 10 months and has loved them every since.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:00 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• It is the egg white docs are concerned about.  You might want to cut it with some like breast milk or formula, egg yolks are pasty and dry going down. There are no allergies in my family either, I gave my DD small amounts of scrambled egg at about 8mos, she had no reaction so I gave her more. Now omelettes are her favorite.

Egg allergies include eczema and hives,  egg allergies rarely cause anaphylactic shock.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 5:34 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I started giving my daughter an egg yolk every day at around 9 months. They are fantastic for brain development! Just make sure that there is not any eggwhite.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:46 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I mixed it with hummus

• You may want to read some updated information on eggs - the most recent research is saying that holding off on egg whites until after the first year does not reduce allergies and is not necessary. When my oldest was born (12 years ago) it was common knowledge that you didn't feed egg whites to babies under a year old - so I would make him scrambled egg yolks. With my 4th, now 13 months, after reading recent research and talking to my dr, I've been giving him scrambled eggs since he was around 7 months old, along with french toast and omelettes - he LOVES eggs!

Answer by missanc at 8:36 AM on Dec. 1, 2009