why don't i feel guilty??

ok so my DH and I have a wonderful marriage. things are going great and we have no problems right now. but i met this guy at work and we've been spending a lot of time together during work. and today we went from our usually playful flirting to something more and i had sex with him. for some reason i do not feel guilty for cheating. i love my husband so why don't i feel guilty?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 AM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• ok, I have never cheated, and as far as I know I have never been cheated on. Usually when a person confesses to cheating, its because they have a guilty conscience. If you dont feel guilty, you should just keep quiet. It's only going to hurt your husband. If this is a relationship you think you will pursue, you need to leave your husband. Its not fair to him to be stuck in an unfaithful relationship. If this is a one time deal, keep it to yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:21 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Some people just dont.
    You should come clean about it tho. If you truely love your husband he should know
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:16 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• but if i come clean he's going to ask if i feel guilty and i can't lie to him and say yes.... how does that work??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:20 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• He deserves the truth, and if he wants to leave you for it thats his decision. You can't have your cake and eat it too. its wrong. Just because your happy with him, and happy cheating on him doesn't mean he doesn't deserve a choice to have his own happiness with someone else who really will love him and be faithful to him, like an honest wife would.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:26 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• You can't lie to him but you can cheat on him? WTF?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:27 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Maybe your a sociopath. You might want to bounce your feeling off a therapist, mentally healthy people have empathy. Do you feel guilty about not feeling guilty?
    Anonymous

• Like I said you NEED to tell him . Cheating on him you have already lied to him and the more you go on with out telling him you are jsut continuing to lie. HE doesnt deserve to be left in the dark believing that his wife is being faithful when you havent been.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:31 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Guilt can be optional, more so for dishonest people. Honest people usually have to make an effort to let it go. On the other side of your tangled web, do you really think its in your best interest to have an affair with a co-worker? If nothing else its a stupid career move, and it always dehumanizes the woman. Maybe your just bored in your safe, happy life and you need some excitement, AKA drama.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 4:34 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I think you should tell him, maybe also go seek a counselor for just you to talk to. So that way you can tell him you cheated, tell him you dont know why you feel guilty, tell him you love him and that your seeking help to understand why you did this.

maybe?
    IDK really im just throwing stuff out there
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 5:41 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Everyone makes mistakes. I think the bigger question outside of guilt is do you believe it was indeed a mistake? I agree if you are going to continue it, then leave your husband. If it was a one time thing and you will not do it again, that's a different story.
    The
    Telling about a one time indiscretion only benefits the person telling. The only person who feels better is the person who did it. I say, if it were me and I wanted to have my marriage stay in tact, I'd keep it to myself and never do it again. Unless there is any chance your husband will find out another way, then you'd have to tell him because that would be so much worse.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 7:55 AM on Dec. 1, 2009