Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

school and car

I decided to take a night class, I need $ for that and for my car,,,,,my tires are real bad. Where can i get a loan? I realize interest will be high, but I need to do this ,,thank s

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 AM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (2)
  • Are you certain that you will be able to pay off a loan? Unless you are 100% secure, you may want to consider borrowing from friends ($100 here and $100 there add up).Do you also have the money for insurance and maintenance? Are there any public transit options where you live? what about a bicycle?

    Answer by rkoloms at 6:34 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

  • You can apply for financial aid at your school. Go to and fill out the necessary paperwork. If you are low income then you can be eligible to get the Pell grant and/or loans. The interest for the loans will be paid while you are in school at least part-time and after you graduate (or drop below 6 semester hours) then the interest rate right now is 6.8%. With the Pell grant if there is any money left over after tuition and books, then you can use the money for housing, transportation, school supplies, food, etc. You can do the same thing with the loans too.


    Answer by JeremysMom at 7:41 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.