What do you consider parenting?

So my ex is watching Kira over night once a week, Wen-Thur. I kind of look at it as babysitting over night with no pay, but he thinks because he's the father, he's parenting. Oh and I provide EVERYTHING for her to be over there, cause he doesn't spend anything on her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Parenting is loving, teaching, and taking care of a child's needs for food and shelter.
    mamastefl

Answer by mamastefl at 12:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Parenting is loving, teaching, and taking care of a child's needs for food and shelter FIRST, before Your own needs!!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:36 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• It's spending quality time with your children providing towards their metal, and physical development. When I am reading, bathing, feeding, soothing the crying, and kissing the boo boo's I am parenting. When I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off wondering who these children are...I am handling the effects of parenting. All in all parenting is unconditional love, self discipline, and the closest thing to a teaching degree all wrapped up into one.
    lynenedubbels

Answer by lynenedubbels at 2:21 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Doesn't matter.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:05 PM on Jul. 6, 2008