should i worry??

my 21 month old woke up @ about 5 am vomitting in her sleep it was whit cottage cheeseish and had a fever of about 108 i gave her some tylenol and water and she wasnt acting cranky or upset was even playful after about an hr fever went down to 103 its now 720 and i gave her some oatmeal with apple yogurt and some more water and she seems ok havent check her temp again yet but she seems ok a lil cranky from being up early but overall ok should i be over concerned oh and she has been sneezing a bit but then again so have i i should also mention im 8 1/2 mths pregnant and ready to go any day now lol any help appreciated

m.wallace

Asked by m.wallace at 7:25 AM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Did you call your DD's doctor. Temp of 108? You should take all cloths off the child. Even 103 you should take all her cloths off. JMO

Answer by louise2 at 7:31 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• fever is down and she's okay now? Holding down food? I say dont stress unless it happens again. Be prepared to call the Dr. if she spikes a fever again, or has trouble holding down food.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 7:42 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• ty for opinions fever is oficially down now 97.5 hopefully stays that way still wondering what could have caused it *sigh*
    m.wallace

Answer by m.wallace at 8:13 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Normally I'd say she's fine, since she's acting fine now...BUT...a temp of 108 is crazy!! I'd be taking her to the ER!!! At the least call her dr.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 8:17 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I would call the doctor even though she is ok. That is an insanely high temp. Just see what the doctor says.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:21 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I'd give her Dr a call that is a high temp and give her pedia or gatorade to keep her electrolights up
    jgal29

Answer by jgal29 at 9:02 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Not trying to worry you, but a temp of 108 always warrants a visit to the doctor.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 5:35 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• forget the doctor, 108 warrants a trip straight to the er.. no matter what! i would definitely follow up with her pedi even if she's fine now- they should check her out and make sure there was no damage with such a high fever.. anything over 104 can be extremely damaging to the brain.
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 11:10 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• 108 or 100.8????????????????????? 108 i would be taking my child to the ER right away.....
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 6:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2009