With the weather getting cold, down in the lower 30's, do spiders go into hiding? Will they still be in my storage room, in my Christmas decorations?

I want to dig out the decorations, and the tree. But we have lots of spiders here. Do you think they will be gone?

Raine2001

Asked by Raine2001 at 7:45 AM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Home & Garden

• There will probably be a few.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• They actually do go into hiding of sorts. The cold kinda paralyzes them. I take it you must be very afraid of spiders, they are actually beneficial to a home, I am sure you won't agree with that though. Yes, the spiders will be there but they will be rendered harmless until the sun comes out and warms them back up again.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:50 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Hi Jewjewbee! Yes, I'm afraid of them. We have black widows, wolf spiders, and other ones that aren't dangerous. But I'm still worried about getting bitten. And hubby isn't here to get the stuff out for me:(
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:53 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• i definitely understand you being paranoid...im terrified of spiders...but i have a husband that does that for me....have you thought of enlisting in a friend to help? but yes everyone has it correct so far....they will still be there...but slow and sluggish due to the cold.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 10:19 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• You could take the storage bins out to the yard and unpack it out there. Then any spiders you discover can stay outside instead of sneaking off into your house.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 6:24 PM on Dec. 1, 2009