i dont get it?

my daughter is 10.she doesnt have many friends.we have yet to figure out why.well now it seems her one true friend either doesnt want to play with her or she doesnt want to playwith her.i dont know what happened?the teachers says she fine dont worry.the teachers also said that a couple of years ago when she was getting dummy slapped at the bus stop.what should i do?

cleo1977

Asked by cleo1977 at 8:17 AM on Dec. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• Does she have any hobbies? Have you introduced her and possibly her classmates to crocheting, knitting or sewing? How about double dutch? Teach her how to play cards and board games. Practice with her and work towards developing her social skills, as well as talk to her about bullies. Talk to her friend's Mom and see if perhaps she can give you some insight as to what happened.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 8:22 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• My granddaughter just turned 10, and she doesn't have many friends either, and she does not seem to be the least bit worried about it. She is a very happy little girl. Could it be that you are more concerned about her lack of friends that is she? Ask her if there is any one little girl that she would like to invite to your house to play or spend the night. Whoever she names, let her ask that person. If she can't think of anyone, she's probably content with the way things are, and she will make friends when she is ready for them.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:28 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• What about enrolling her in some extra-curricular activities- like gymnastics, dance, brownies/girl scouts. That would give her the opportunity to meet new girls, and maybe make some friends.
    My oldest (he is an aspie) did not have friends until he reached 4th grade. I was very concerned, he seemed like he could care less about it. then at the end of 4th grade one of the kids in his class moved to our block and they became very good friends.
    I don't know your child, so I don't know if she tries too hard to make friends or if she just does not have common interests with the other girls.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:43 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• shes in girl scouts...and she did cheerleading which was girls from the other side of town..she liked them alot but they are in a different school.i told her to get numbers but it seemed as if she was afraid of getting hurt...thats the thing i think shes afraid of getting hurt.im not sure.she has been bullied a couple of times...
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 12:41 PM on Dec. 1, 2009