Am I asking for trouble? (healthwise)

Got up and got the kids ready for school took them to school came back and started to bring the trash out to the front to be picked up but did not realize I had 2 more bags in a big trash can (over the holiday) anyway I am out there getting all this trash out when I noticed wait a minute I don't have a jacket on (bc I did not feel it at the time moving here and there getting the kids ready and so on) anyway we live in Texas and for us it is cold..lol 49 degrees. I pray that I don't get sick I come inside our home and it's nice and toasty but maybe a tad too toasty after all the workout I did so far...lol I just tried to hurry up with the trash so I can come inside.

Just curious and God forbid but....How do people catch Phemonia? hmmm?
I am not stepping out again for awhile :) Thank You Ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• we have a light dusting of snow on the ground. My sons bus pulls up the driver has something for me. no coat, no shoes I run out to the bus to get it........ Will I get sick because I did this NO ! being chilly does not make you sick you need the cold germ or another type of germ to get sick. I used to walk to school everyday with wet hair rain or shine snow or wind. I rarely got sick You get pneumonia from being very sick and the best thing to do is to stay upright not to lay down

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I think you're fine. You get pneumonia because you have a lot of fluid and crap in your lungs. I had walking pneumonia once, almost to the point of being hospitalized, several yrs ago, and a friend of mine here just had a very bad case of it as well.

Mine started as a sinus infection, and I ended up with bronchitis, which developed into pneumonia. Hers was very similar - she started out with the flu (NOT h1n1, btw...) and it ended up turning into pneumonia. It's not really something you can just "catch".

And to get sick from over exposure would take a lot more than what you did today :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:55 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Being cold doesn't make you sick. It will make your immune system sluggish so if your really cold and happen to be exposed to a bug, like a cold germ, your more likely to get sick, but its not garrenteed you will sick. You will NOT get Pneumonia from being cold. ;)
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 9:10 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• You are just fine.
    If you want to be extra sure, you can go to the drugstore and buy the medicine to take to keep from catching flu/cold viruses. I can't remember the name of it, but it's located with the flu/cold meds, usually on the top shelf in a yellow box.
    I think you are fine, though.
    Up in Maine, I've gone barefoot out in the snow real quick to check the mail in the mailbox - I didn't get sick....lol.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:55 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Illnesses are caught from germs, not from running around outside without a coat.
    However, if you have a cold/flu and going running around in the cold (35 degrees) and rain, with no hat and coat you do risk making your existing illness worse or catching an ear infection.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Dec. 1, 2009