has anyne heard of" total transformation" it cd's & dvd's and do you know if t hey are really very good, it about children disrespecting others.

my sister wants to get it but needs to know if it really works. she tried looking it up but couldn't find it on the internet.

incarnita

Asked by incarnita at 9:14 AM on Dec. 1, 2009 in About CafeMom

• WOW! I just cant say enough about this program! I offers real world parenting tools that really work. I was completely lost for answers when my son turned 13 and started getting into trouble. We learned to understand his behavior and deal with the issues more productively. Our house turned harmonious instead of chaotic. Learn parenting tools that will insure that you are raising a child you can be proud of.

Gayle67

Answer by Gayle67 at 2:46 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Not too sure about this.. but as I always say, it comes with how you raise them. If you teach this stuff at the very beginning and stop babying a child, he will learn discipline and respect. I never had problems with my kids because they knew the rules and consequences from day one. My daughter tried disrespect once and once only. She went to someone's house and lied about parents being there. I found out, went over there and drug her ass back home. Did she ever lie to me again? NO! Did it embarrass her, HELL YA. But, although I am about 5 ft tall, all the friends knew I meant business and NO ONE ever lied to me again or disrespected. You have to start this stuff at the beginning and stay consistent, so they know the rules......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I have used this program with my two boys and was very pleased with the results. It teaches you how to help your child turn around his behavior so he treats others with respect, does his home and school work, stops lashing out, etc. It is great for kids who have aggressive impulses and even works with kids with oppositional defiant disorder. The techniques are simple, easy to understand and if you use them, you will see  changes in your child's behavior plus you'll stop blaming yourself, living in a home where your child's outbursts control everyone and get your life back on track. Total Transformation is definitely worth a try.

momofboys549

Answer by momofboys549 at 9:28 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• A little surprised that your sister couldn't find more info on the internet though. The creator of the program is James lehman. He uses techniques that helps kids take responsilities for their own behavior. Kids need to be taught to solve their own problems. The program comes with a step by step DVDs, parenting workbook, Workshop CDs, etc... You may want to tell your sister to get a free preview of the total transformation program before buying it. She should have a better understanding of what to expect in it.  I hope she will make an informed decision.

judyh1

Answer by judyh1 at 11:24 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Personally I think the program is very good, but only buy it if you are actually going to implement it.  Like anything worth doing, it's not a walk in the park. You must do the work.

I'm the author of a parenting course called "Talking to Toddlers" and I checked out the entire Total Transformation Program to see if it was something I could recomment to parents in that age group that I don't cover with my program.  Happily, I can say it's solid stuff.

Besides, if you disagree you can send it back.  There's not much to loose (shipping?)

My course:  http://TalkingToToddlers.com

My review of Total Transformation:  http://TalkingToToddlers.com/total-transformation-program

ChrisThompson

Answer by ChrisThompson at 8:59 PM on Dec. 7, 2009