1 year old below the growth chart and has a cold

he's normally a good eater but with this cold, he eats even less...I'm totally freaking out!!! Besides from the cold though, he never fell below the growth chart until this last dr's visit. He still reaches his milestones on time and thrives, and my husband's family are all on the thinner side but still,...I' m really panicking and try not to loose my spirit each time I feed my baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Dont' worry about it. IF your doctor was worried he would tell you. My daughter fell off the charts at 6 months and stayed off untill now and she's 10. She's just a pixie, but always been healthy, so dont' worry
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:49 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• they never talked about getting your daughter tested and all? My son was above the 70% percentile up to 6 months and then dropped from 6 t0 9 months to 8% and now, at his 1 year check up, dropped below 3%.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Don't worry! When my son gets a cold, he'll go for several days eating little despite normally being a good eater. I try to give him favorite foods that are healthy and wait for the cold to pass. His appetite comes back when he feels better. You don't mention just what you mean by "below the growth chart" (I'm assuming you mean he's below the minimum weight/height for his age group?) but if your doctor isn't concerned, you shouldn't be either. Kids grow at different speeds.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I try not to worry...the doctor just said she'd like him to get back on the chart since he dropped below 3%....even though he's a good eater (except for these couple of days, since he has a cold and it drives me nutts that he's not eating since I just found out he's off the growth chart), our peds suggested to give him more milk (soy in his case since he's allergic to milk) and to return in a month to see his progress. Doesn't that mean she's concerned? And if he still haven't gained much, he would have to go through some tests and all....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Dec. 1, 2009