Exercise after delivery

So, I know I'm supposed to wait until after my 6 week post partum appointment but I really want to start exercising.
It's been about 3 and a half weeks since I delivered (vaginally) my little munchkin. I've been going on walks and feel fine but I'd like to start exercising more intensely (spinning, jogging, lifting weights, stairmaster...)

What are your thoughts?

Munchkin09

Asked by Munchkin09 at 10:21 AM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do not start until your Dr. says it's okay. Walking is very good!! That's all I do to exercise. I started exercising 7 weeks post partum, but I only lost 5 lbs. (I did a 6 week program) My daughter is 9 months old and I still have about 5 lbs to go, I gained a total of 37 lbs. I'm going to go to a core workout to get rid of my tummy. Remember it took over 9 months to gain all that weight, don't expect to lose it right away. Best Wishes and congrats on your baby!!! Enjoy that time, it goes by fast.

Hope this helps!

Erika
    http://4MyFamilyandMe.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 10:36 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I know you're going crazy. I was like this with my second. Keep up the walking. Start taking a baby/mommy yoga class. integrate your jogging back in like this: 4 min walking, 1 min jog and repeat for 30 min. Do this for the next few weeks. It let's you see how you're doing.

Good luck... I loved the yoga. you can work on some strength training in it. Remember your body has gone through something and you're acclimating to life again.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 11:40 AM on Dec. 1, 2009