37 weeks, and I have this goey snot stuff coming out of me.... Should I call the doctor and let him know?

It started yesterday, and isn't massive amount, but its definately more then just regular discharge. And, I am thinking there will be more today....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There is no need to call your doctor, its just your mucous plug and it doesnt mean anything at all. I started losing mine at 32 weeks with baby #2 and didnt have her til I was induced 6 1/2 weeks later. I started losing it with this one at about 24 weeks and I am 34 weeks now and still totally pregnant!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:28 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Gooey stuff leakage is normal, whether it's discharge or a mucous plug.
    Either way, it's not necessary to call the doctor.
    Of course, you can if that makes you feel better, but it's nothing urgent.

You can always keep an eye on it for color, odor, thickness, etc. Observing it is fine, you can pass along this info in your appointment with your doctor.

You might like to make a list of questions for you next prenatal appointment about things that you're wondering-concerned about so that you're not left wondering or worried.

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:33 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I would say its a sign your going to have your little one sooner than later :o) But it still could be a week or so... I woudl call your doc and let him know~ But dont be worrried :o) Its a good thing!!!! He may want to see you, just to see if things have changed since he last saw you.. Good Luck!!!
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 10:38 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• That's just your mucous plug. Losing it any time past 36 weeks is normal. It means labor is getting closer. Could be hours, days, or a week or 2. No need to call your doctor.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:39 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Its normal to have increased discharge in your 3rd trimester and the thing about the mucus plug is that it regnerates itself to protect your cervix from infections. This is my 4th pregnancy and Im just about 38 weeks! Just bring it up at your next Drs appointment. They may want to check you or they may not, depending on what kind of Dr you have and your own opinion on getting your cervix checked. Good Luck.
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 10:50 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• i called my midwife when i started losing my mucus plug because i was kind of nervous about the way it looked. lol. but she just said all was normal. i was 40.5 weeks at the time and she just said that i could go into labor anytime in the next several days. being 37 weeks though, it's hard to say if this is a sign that labor will start soon. it could still be a few weeks. :) gl!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:04 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• It's your mucus plug and there's no need to call. That just means that your body is preparing for labor, but it still could be weeks.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 11:11 AM on Dec. 1, 2009