Anyone want to share their gift ideas for their tween?

IMO at around age nine gifts ideas begin to get more challenging. Anyone want to share what you are getting for your tween?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• money and gift cards seem to go over well, so does make-up and perfume.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:38 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I bought my neice who is that age a Project Runway fashion projector, and I bought a basketball goal that hangs on the door for my 10 year old nephew. My daughter, who is 13, wants a digital camera, or an electric piano keyboard, or a laptop computer, or computer or wii games, or a thing called Ezyroller (some sort of scooter type thing); she also likes fashion accessories and stuff like nail polish and scented lotion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• my dd is 12 and my 2 sd's are 11 and 10 and i talked to them and they would like to do there own shopping that way they get what they like in what ever color is there fav color this week...i give them each a set amount and let them know if they go over they have to put something back so if i give them 100.00 and they total 103 then they have to put something back..but if they have change left over its theres to keep...but they also know what they buy they will get on x mas morning so they cant wait for x mas ( we did this last year ) and they again wanted to do this..it also shows them 100 isent as much as they thought it was ( 100 is like a million to them ) so they can see that it is alot but things get pricy...
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:49 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• a nintendo ds or psp or ipod my 13 yr. old still likes her ds as does my 12 yr. old and I bought them last xmas..
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 10:52 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• My nine year old is a coin collector, so we are focusing gifts in that direction. Legos are also a big hit around here with my 8 &9 yrs olds.
    mommyheymommy

Answer by mommyheymommy at 2:24 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• We are getting our boys a ping pong table as the major gift.
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 9:05 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Widboyz, we did a family game table last year with air hockey and fuse ball. It was our major "group gift"
    mommyheymommy

Answer by mommyheymommy at 9:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I have a little fashion plate on my hands (DD - 12) so she's getting the Project Runway kits, a curling iron/crimper, a lighted makeup mirror, charms for her pandora bracelet, maybe some light makeup like lipgloss or pressed powder...that sort of thing.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 10:37 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• My DD is 10 and her Christmas list includes: Money, giftcards, DSI, games, the new Bop It game, clothes, books, arts and crafts stuff. She loves jewelry but is always losing it so I bought her a wooden jewelry box that she can paint and decorate as she likes, as well as some wooden picture frames from Michael's I think she also mentioned some dolls called Liv dolls and Moxie dolls??
    Kissybratzmom

Answer by Kissybratzmom at 2:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• My dd is 9 and asked for an easy bake oven,a sewing machine(she is not getting),A nintendo DSi,some DVDs,santa buddies,the new barbie movie,american girl books and things,canvas for her oil paints. We are getting her an easel too. I don't know why but I can't think of anything else. She has recently gotten into the fashion designer stuff. Her bff has all that stuff and they want to design and make clothes,purses and jewlery.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 9:32 AM on Dec. 11, 2009