do you think i could qualify for disability?

My doctor is still trying to figure out what is wrong with me but i have been having sever stomach pain which will hurt me if is sit, or stand for even a short period of time. I usually have to lie down and curl up into a ball. I have let it go for a year just not working but now money is getting really tight and we can't qualify for food stamps. so i was hoping that i could maybe qualify for disability. I am only 2o though...what do you think? and to top the stomach pain I have really bad depression

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Health

• A doctor has to make a diagnosis for you to get disability and if he doesn't know what it is then that would stop it. Try another doctor or get him to refer you to a specialist. I was accepted in to Voc Rehab and they sent me to lots of doctor's (they paid for it). Once diagnosed then I could file for disability.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:53 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• probally not, has he checked for diverticulitis, or anyother stuff like that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I'm not sure. I can tell you that it can be extremely difficult to qualify for disability. My mother had a really hard time getting disability and at the time that she applied she was legally blind from diabetes, had lost one leg just below the knee to diabetes, had lost three toes on the other foot, was on dialysis three times a week, and had a broken collar bone from a fall because of her problems with her lower extrmemities. With all of these medical problems, including severe asthma, it still took her nearly 18 months with the help of a lawyer to be approved for disability.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Dec. 1, 2009