Do you feel Members of Congress should be forced to enroll themselves in the health care plan they vote for? *

On Tuesday, the Senate health committee voted 12-11 in favor of a two-page amendment courtesy of Republican Tom Coburn that would require all Members and their staffs to enroll in any new government-run health plan. It takes less than a minute to sign up to require our congressmen and senators to drink at the same trough!

Three cheers for Congressman John Fleming of Louisiana !
Congressman John Fleming ( Louisiana physician) has proposed an amendment that would require congressmen and senators to take the same healthcare plan they force on us (under proposed legislation they are curiously exempt).

Congressman Fleming is encouraging people to go on his Website and sign his petition (very simple - just first, last and email). I have immediately done just that at:

http://fleming.house.gov/index.cfm?sectionid=55§iontree=29,55%20%3chttp://fleming.house.gov/index.cfm?sectionid=55§iontree=29,55

samurai_chica

Asked by samurai_chica at 10:40 AM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:40 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Yes, and I wrote the Wh and a few reps to tell them that
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:41 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Yes!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Actually, I think that all government employees (representatives especially) should have to be the trial for this whole health care bill to see exactly how it will work for the people. If they are so darned convinced that this is the best thing since sliced bread, they shouldn't mind being the guinea pigs.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:44 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I am with the majority of Americans I do not want this farce of a bill to pass to begin with..I do not want big govy control of our healthcare ..I do not think its ok to make it all mandatory or fines or jail time..

Yes they should take the same crap..but im praying like heck we wont have to worry about it that it wont ever pass..

reform yes big govy control bs NO
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:44 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Absolutely.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• You bet. If they have faith it they would. Also, into the Social Security system.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Haven't they voted against this before? At least once?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:55 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I went to the petition and signed it. When I hit submit it said this page cannot be displayed because too many people are accessing it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:59 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I'm fine with that.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 11:01 AM on Dec. 1, 2009