Cold like symptoms after kids get H1N1 and seasonal flu shots together.. IS THIS NORMAL?

My S.I.L. got her 3 yr old and 1 yr old the two flu shots together and although they showed no signs of being sick before the vaccine, they are both now quite ill with a cold. It came on the very night with nasty runny noses, coughing, wheezing, fevers.
Has anyone else had these symptoms?
I don't want to over react, but I also don't want to neglect a bad situation.
>They live with me so I feel like I need to do something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Dec. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• it is normal for some people to show flu like symptoms 24 hours after having a flu shot my husband reacts to them this way and it normally only last a day or so. Not everyone reacts that way, I dont feel sick at all after wards.

It is also possible that the children were exposed to some other virus other than the flu shortly before the shots and the symptoms just happened to come on that night.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 10:48 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Nope, it just means they were exposed to colds before they received their shots. One has nothing to do with the other.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Dec. 1, 2009