Teachers of all types, I have a question for you.

I would like to know what your first impressions are if you get a student in your class that is a straight A student. Do you think they are a know-it-all or perhaps a brown-noser? Or do you think they are a good student and someone you would enjoy having in your class? The reason I ask is because in college I have a 3.92 GPA and I think my teacher has gotten the wrong impression of me. He has been constantly harsh on me even saying that I am plagiarizing. I just want to know if maybe he got the wrong impression because of my GPA or something. For more info, see my journal post
http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1069345/I_am_absolutely_disgusted_to_think_he_believes_I_stole_my_work

Nicollynne

Asked by Nicollynne at 12:09 AM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Money & Work

• I would think the student was just smart. I would be proud to have a child in my class who was very smart and I would not treat them any differently than any other student.
    lisafc

Answer by lisafc at 10:49 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• If you didn't plagerize then there should be nothing to hold you back. How would he know your GPA? In college my instructors did not, to my knowledge, know my individual GPA. I would go to your ombudman (spelling not sure) and see what you can do to protect yourself. Hopefully, the class is on a short cycle and you'll me done soon. The teacher may just be a jerk.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 8:45 AM on Jun. 27, 2008