Has anybody else had this problem -My baby loves the remote control.....

She is almost 7 months old and nothing, I mean nothing is as good as the remote control for the T.V.
Any suggestions on substitutions that might interest her as much?

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 10:55 AM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes...my son loved it...we found an old remote and gave it to him so it could be his
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:59 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• LOL! My daughter loves the remote. I just take the batteries out of it and let her have it. Maybe you could buy her a cheap remote that's all her own? I know my family has always done that with cellphones, they'll buy a cheap dollar store phone and give that to the kid instead of a real one.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:59 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Mine does. That and cell phones. I got a toy one. Not the same. I don't like mine to have either because of germs that could be on them or possible lead.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• LOL! Mine too! We have 3 remotes for the living room TV and she loves each one. She also loves the phone and cell phone! I got her a play phone and another toy that looks like a remote and still she prefers the real remote!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:00 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• LOL!!! Yes, my son was like that and now my 9 month old daughter loves it too! I bought my son a toy remote control. He liked it and now my daughter uses it! I think I got it from Target. I would suggest finding something like that for your daughter.

Hope this helps!

Erika
    http://4MyFamilyandMe.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 11:01 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• haha, yes my 7 month old son is the same, I wish toy makers would come out with a black and white/grey toy that has buttons galore!

Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 11:03 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Both of my daughters loved the remote and cell phone and as everyone else has said... I bought toy cell phone and remote and they had no interest in them they wanted the real deal cell and remote. Maybe you could buy the REALLY BIG
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 11:07 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• LOL.. hit enter on accident... REALLY BIG remote that has huge buttons and lots of them. Ive seen them at walmart and the dollar general for I think 5-10 Bucks.
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 11:08 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• LOL! Yes, she only like the REAL remote and she loves the Cell phone too! Ok, I guess I will get her a REAL just for her remote so she will quite screwing up my cable!!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 11:11 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• my babygirl is 8 months and she loves the remote too! we have dish network so all i do is push the "aux" button so she cant turn the chanel or volume and i let her play with it. but before i figured that one out i use to try and give her the dvd remote which worked until she saw the tv remote again =)
    amberstevens

Answer by amberstevens at 12:56 PM on Dec. 1, 2009