Has anyone ever made you feel bad about the gender of your kids?

There is someone in my family who passively complains about ANYONE who's had a girl. She has two boys, she almost spiraled into a depression when she didn't get her girl the second time around. She complains that she lives in a "house with all boys" constantly. She has told me that I should not complain about anything because "at least I have a daughter instead of a son".

I think she only wants a girl so she can play dressup with her.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 10:56 AM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We have 3 boys, and I would have loved to have a girl... What bothers me are the Moms that have all girls and say, "OMG, I don't know what I would do with all boys".. I just answer back "I don't know what I would do with all girls".. I love them no matter what, and I feel I was given 3 boys for a reason.
    Just think of something witty to say when she starts saying stupid things. Like, "I'm just thankful we have healthy children, they are our little blessings". That would probably shut her up..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:01 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Get her a doll or a girl puppy.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:01 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• LOL I think she has like three female animals xD It's just so frustrating sometimes. It doesn't bother me as much as it used to. It's like jeez, I didn't have any control over what I had or what she had, so what's the point in yelling at me over it? Yeesh.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:02 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Never. My son is the only grandson on my husband's side, so they are happy we had a boy (and a girl) :-)
    JustAMom2008

Answer by JustAMom2008 at 11:02 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• No way lol I'm proud of my girls and if someone is complaining that I have girls and they don't, I just tell them to take it up with their men and try again! haha
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 11:05 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I re-read your posts and I think that your relative isn't really trying to make you feel bad about your kids' gender, she just wants attention and pity basically. Jealousy. My BIL and SIL both wanted boys with their latest babies and it didnt happen so they have 2 girls each. Im sure they were a little envious about our son but we live 3 hours away from them so I didn't have to hear any complaining or stuff like that.
    JustAMom2008

Answer by JustAMom2008 at 11:07 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Actually Ive never had much reaction other than a kind of "wow" face when I say "yup all boys" but nothing severe. Once got a nasty reaction from a lady(it was about 2 wks ago) but it wasnt cuz of gender it was cuz I had 3 kids. She apparently thought more than one was too much.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:12 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

As for family...no complaints here. My family is one of "onlies" though when it comes to gender. My grandmother only had girls. My mother only had girls. My older sis and I only had boys and my younger sis only had girls(her fifth is on its way). Now we wait for my baby sister to see what she will do LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:14 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• No however my bfs grandmother treats my daughter(who isnt his) better than she treats the boys...Which pisses me off...And she treats my bf and his bro better than their sister...
    Houstyn08

Answer by Houstyn08 at 11:17 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Well 28 years ago my aunt told me it was a shame that my baby was born with out a penis. i just told her that it was OK cuz in about 20 years she will have a great place to put one.  devil

mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 11:20 AM on Dec. 1, 2009