Have you ever had your wisdom teeth taken out?

I had all four of mine cut out the summer before my senior year of high school. I looked like a chipmunk for two weeks.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 10:57 AM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yeah 2 at a time though. When I was 14 and 15. My cheeks were huge...ugh and my cheeks were in so much pain, but I got to numb it with vicodin and motrin...LOL
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:58 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• My mom gave me some kind of muscle relaxer and pain pill (Hydrocodone and...uh...I don't remember the other one). I remember we went to a family gathering and I was drunk off my ass from the medicine LOL!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:00 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I was 29 and it was not a good experience. They took 4 out at same time and would only give me like two vicodin at a time and I had to keep going back to the doc to get another prescription, that went on for about a week, then it was over and I have been fine since.
    JustAMom2008

Answer by JustAMom2008 at 11:01 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I had 2 removed in my 30's. One was cut out and the other was pulled. It was sore for a few days but no my cheeks didn't blow up. The other two have not bothered me so they are still there.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:02 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Did all 4 when I was 16... The dry sockets hurt soooo bad!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:02 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I remember the stitches in my mouth, I was afraid to eat anything because I was afraid I'd pop them out. They were so gross by the time they dissolved, ughhhh.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:04 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I had all 4 removed when I was about 18, I ended up getting dry sockets. It was a horrible experience.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:07 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Just had my last 2 taken out about a month ago & i'm 27. Biggest mistake EVER! Apparently, the longer you wait...the more rooted they become in your jaw. So, they litterally had to chip & scrape away at my jaw bone to get them out. I was also a chipmunk for about 2 weeks & was in the worst pain of my life. I kept saying that i would rather give natural birth 100 times than deal with that pain. I actually cried it hurt so badly.....Natural child birth was nothing compared to that pain....lol!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:07 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Had mine surgical removed when I was a freshman in high school.

Ya, I remember the chipmunk face well LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:11 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• NO. They need to be out & have for Years!! We have NO insurance! So we could never afford that!! I almost Died b/c of a Bad Tooth! DH barely has any teeth... Times for us have always been tough!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 11:18 AM on Dec. 1, 2009