I wish I could turn back time... I feel like crap... How was your morning?

This morning I was getting ready to head to work, right on time & our cat ran outside while I was starting the car, I only noticed when I went to lock her up & she was nowhere around. I was upset & mad because I didn't want to be late, my son was bawling & screaming "please find my cat mom, I love her", I told him that I couldn't, that I had to go to work, I said out of anger, "I could kill that cat" not that I would actually do that. My son heard & said "please don't kill my cat" so I said, "I am giving her away" which made things worse and he began crying more, by this time, I was in tears & called my work, my co-worker answered & I was holding back tears, I told her that I was going to be late & why, she said ok. Finally, I found the cat who was running around, under cars & through bushes, I crept up & grabbed her, in my sons arms I placed her, he was asking why I said those things. I hate seeing my son cry, I feel so bad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Awww... I know Ive had those moments before with my children and Im sure other Moms have too. Have no fear you are not the only one. Dont beat your self up and just explain to him that you were just upset and didnt mean the things you said and that it wont happen again... and give him a big hug!
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 11:22 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• oh lady, you should take something for your temper or drink herbal teas in the mornings. you're alike my husband - sort of speak - he yealls on me when he's well rested. i thought of waking him earlier for that, bad of me :) is it a dramatic difference for you ... now when you recall those 'waking me again several times at night' oldies? hmmmm, it's in your blood still, don't worry, could really be worse had you run over the cat.
    i am far from being mean, thus you probably could become my friend. once, past time, one of my boyfriends said i was too kind a person on a daily basis, the truth is he anoyed me a lot, it did not work....if you wish, you can always recall me or refer to me. you made me smiling. of your son - he will take better responsibility over the cat from now on i quess - that's right, don't worry. why to be late on your job every day.
    baby133

Answer by baby133 at 11:31 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I had a really bad morning. This chick I know cut off not only me but a school bus going over a bridge. She is so pissed that I told her off about her step dad. She knows what a dog he is, and is pissed that I had the balls enough to tell her to her face.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• EVERYONE says things out of frustration and anger. Believe me I do the same thing, we all do. Explain to your son that you were upset because you were going to be late for work and you didn't mean what you said and that you are sorry for speaking like that. I have had to tell my son I am sorry many times :0( He always manages to forgive me. Maybe, if you can, go to the dollar store and buy the cat a little toy and apologize to the cat in front of your son. It will be ok and don't beat yourself up for it. There are many more bad mornings to come, unfortunately.
    RiverPhenix

Answer by RiverPhenix at 11:48 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• baby113 was that English? That was the most horribly constructed paragraph I have ever tried to read! OP, we all say things in the heat of the moment as humans. Being stressed gets the better of us from time to time. You are aware of the fact that you said things in the heat of the moment and that is good. Had you just blown up and moved on then that is another story. Please don't be so hard on yourself. Spend some extra cuddle time with your son this evening. Read books and snuggle, all will be right again.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• How old is your son? Is this a frequent occurrence?

Anonymous

• Thanks everyone for your kind words. My son is 6 1/2 and this has never happened in the morning because my son is usually sleeping until I drop him off and I let the cat out and put her in her cage before I go outside. I just pray that he has a good day at school... I cannot wait to get home on love on him, I feel so bad.
    Anonymous