Would you say something or leave it alone???...which I did I left it alone.

I saw an old friend this past weekend and she looked pretty as always only this time she really packed on some weight I mean she wears all this name brand stuff I mean she can afford it but my question is she was pouring out I felt sorry for her either way I told her she looked beautiful as ever. But between me and you girls...she has big droppy boobies she has this stomach fat hanging over and you can see her rolls in back of her back but she was dressed nice she has good taste. Either she doesn't care (she needs to tone it down a bit) or may she doesn't know she looks different :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Health

• is this a good ferind?? like a freind you can say hey! you put on some weight?? or try to help? or a freind where you barely ever see her?? if its a good freind and you can tell her shes put on weight and needs to either buy bigger clouthes or to drop some lbs. then gently do it. if its just an old freind you barely see just let it be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I would have done as you did and left it alone. Chances are that she is well aware that she has put on some weight and might even feel badly about it already. I would personally not want to hurt her feelings.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• If she gained the weight recently, she may not know how to dress for her new body. It takes some skill to learn how to flatter your figure no matter what shape it is and when your body goes through a change it takes some time to figure out what to do with it. I think women who loose a bunch of weight go through the same thing. I wouldn't say anything, but maybe go shopping with her sometime and give her your opinion on the clothes she is trying on - not the ones she already has.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:13 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• was she my friend, i'd ask if she feels all right. she could have gone thru depression or some sad event in her life. she either ate to forget it or kept well balance diet but still gained weight on account of medications taken for the first. were i you, i had called her in the evening and talk with her, said - i saw you tpday, did not want to mention, but you are my old friend, or have a friend in me, is there any way i can help, in noticed you gained some weight etc. i think it was good not to mention at first her difference at all. some other day I would call or at chance see her, I'd have some web site address handy, for women her size, and have said - what a fantastic store they have! as if you had to buy something for your family member thus know of it.
    baby133

Answer by baby133 at 12:24 PM on Dec. 1, 2009