babyshower questions??

what games did you have? how many games ? did you give gifts for the games? how much did you spend on gifts?

what did you serve to eat and drink?

did you have party favors?

how long should baby shower's last?

did you Registered? where at?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• someone normally throws a shower for the mom to be, the mom to be doesn't do it herself.

at mine we had a few games (you can google some), had finger snacks, a cake of course (it was so cute they wrote "congrats on extending your house by 2 feet), they had prizes for the winners (i didn't know this until my shower, but the prizes are baby things, the winners give their prizes to the mom to be. at least that's how we did it) it lasted about 1 1/2- 2 hours. I was registered at walmart and target.
    Anonymous

• yes.. we played two games, candybar diapers and toilet paper length... i served the wraps from chick fil a i had personalized favors of candy bars and tea bags it lasted maybe 2 hours or 3 after gifts and talking... i registed at the babies r us, target, kohl, and walmart... the game gifts were just nice candles that cost a dollar and the dollar tree wrapped in celephane and put in a gift bag.. it was fun.. thats why i made a company specializing in party planning..i love fiinding new favors and stuff..lol.. hope this helps..have fun.. have it early before your last month.. i had mine a month and a half early and lasted 7 days after it.. birthed early..so be careful!
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 12:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I just went to one, they had no games. In the end they said? Oh, did you notice if you had a card under your dinner plate???

That was it!

Except for mine, everyone was drunk by the time I got there, and honestly I didn't know half of the people there.

The gifts were all over though, It was so nice.... Everyone was hugging me and I was spinning by the time I left. That is my childrens spanish side (PUERTO Ricans know how to party, and they invite everyone-welcome and everyone was sooo nice, men and woman)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:26 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• This is what I would do for my kids:
    what games did you have?
    I would do at least 2 depending on how long, and where you are having it.
    Guess the date, if they don't already no?
    If you have time, taste baby food, and guess what it is???
    Name the baby??? What do they think you will name her if they don't already know.

did you give gifts for the games? Something really reasonable, like ice cream scooper, chocolate, who does not like chocolate.

what did you serve to eat and drink? finger Sandwiches and juice. vege, and fruit tray.

did you have party favors?
    I would do candles, candy baggies-or chocolate. Now a days who can save all the ceramic things, I have boxes of them.

how long should baby shower's last?
    4 hours the least-at this time, how much more can a pregnant mom handle.

did you Registered? yes for my first babys r us.. where at? I would do it where you shop, or what is
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:33 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• At my shower we had a number of games... Everyone used yarn and took a guess at how big my belly was, the closest size got a prize... We made a list of the alphabet and wrote all the baby items we could think of, the person with the most got a prize... We played pin the baby to the belly... We had about eight games, and prizes for them all... The prizes came from the dollar store, but they were still cute knickknacks, candles, potpourri burners, etc... To eat we had ham and cheese sandwiches, ham salad sandwiches, pasta salad, two fruit bowls, veggie trays, lil smokies and bbq sauce, and potato chips... To drink we made the sherbet punch, and some soda. I never registered anywhere...
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 12:51 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• we palyed 2 games the toliet paper one and a word find...... it lasted about 2 hrs.... we had cake and punch .... the people that won the games we gave out baby stuff that later they gave to me and then for the grandparents i made a bag for each of them with a pic frame and stuff like that ( my mom gave me the shower) it was so nice with my 2nd i didnt have one and now im preg with my 3rd and wasnt goign to have one but my friend is so excited and she wants to give me one since i have everything im just asking for diapers and baby bath stuff like that
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 1:14 PM on Dec. 1, 2009