why do I bleed after sex?

It's only once a month, only once after my period. Every other time I am fine. Any ideas?

TempestRayne

Asked by TempestRayne at 11:54 AM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Health

• I know that sometimes hormones can make the cervix more sensitive and more prone to tares. I had a PAP when I was pregnant and I bled like CRAZY afterward. So I'd go with hormones and a sensitive cervix.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:56 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• That's the thing, it can be one day after sex, one week, or two weeks (yeah, the bf and I cannot get together much to do anything, lol). We aren't particularly rough, either. I'm not pregnant. This has been going on for a few months though.
    TempestRayne

Answer by TempestRayne at 12:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I'm not saying it's caused by pregnancy, there are plenty of ways your hormones can change just from your regular cycle, but if the bleeding doesn't directly correlate to sex, why are you so sure that is what is causing the bleeding? I mean why would your bleeding be caused by sex if it's been two weeks since you've done it? Maybe something else is causing the problem?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:10 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I mean that it could be two weeks AFTER my period, but if it is the first sex i have had after my period, i will bleed.
    TempestRayne

Answer by TempestRayne at 12:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Rough sex maybe
    Anonymous

• have you had a pap smear with hpv testing? amoung other things hpv can be the cause. i would make an appointment with the gyn.

vainco

Answer by vainco at 7:32 PM on Dec. 1, 2009