Any ideas or should I just "give it up?"

Does anyone have any ideas how to get a girl to wear anything but jeans. She's 11. She wants to wear them every day. What do you do with all their other nice pants let them wear them as pajamas?? lol I don't want her to be an outcast either. Anyone have this delema?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• Why can't she just wear jeans? I'm a major jeans girl myself. I hate skirts and dresses, and my idea of dressing up is putting on a nice top with my jeans. I say let her wear what she's comfortable wearing (within reason, of course).
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:33 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• What's wrong with jeans? As long as you approve of their appearanc (not torn, raggedy, dirty, etc). My daughter lived in jeans always.....she went to college for fashion design, and is not a lead designer for a company........you'd never know it by her clothing......jeans jeans jeans.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:36 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• if that's the worse thing, you're lucky.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 12:36 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Yes, my daughter was like that, she is now 13 and asking for diffrent colors, thank goodness.

As long as they are clean, let her wear the jeans, it takes about 2 years, now I don't say anything, she has alot of blue jeans. She asked for color ones recently, FINALLY-I don't say anything I am like ok. :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:38 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Some people just like jeans better, as long as they're decent she's old enough to choose her own clothes.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:40 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Let her choose. If that is what she wants to wear, let her.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:43 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Just give up! : ) My niece just turned 12 and all she ever wears is jeans. As long as they are presentable, I say let her wear them.
    Anonymous

• Let her be her. You wear what you want but let her wear what makes her feel good. Why do you buy things you know she won't wear? That's just wasteful.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:43 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• my daughter is 10 and dont wear nothing but jeans!I cant get her to wear a skirt or dress for the life of me! She tells me its hard to play out side in a skirt or dress!She is her own person and has her own style so its her choice!!
    MarineAngel831

Answer by MarineAngel831 at 3:59 PM on Dec. 1, 2009