How do you move on?

I fell for this guy even though he really wasn't the type I would usually like. I like guys taller than me, dark eyes, dark hair..he was none of that. Yet, he made me feel special and loved. He made me feel like I haven't in a long time. I began to learn things about him that I knew in the long run would never work...we began dating and he claimed he was seperated...he wasn't seperated..his wife basically was thinking all things were fine at home. Now he is divorced and he made his ex to sound like a horrible person...yet, I began talking to him again and I can see that his ex isn't the one with the issues. He was a part of it. I try and move on...stop talking to him but there is a strong desire in my heart that just wants to be near him knowing how wrong it is! Any advice on how to forget him...I wish there was a pill that you could take to wipe someone from your memory. Sad, I know!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• go to plentyofish.com
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 12:35 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I've always gotten out of bad relationships by dating another guy.
    Anonymous

• You need to realize that you are worth more than that!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Stop talking to him! Move on by going out and living life, without him in it!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 12:51 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• First you need to cut off all contact with him. You cant move on if he is still calling and seeing you. Change your number, block his email. Its good you walked away.What a creep to say he was seperated, when he wasnt. He would have done the same to you eventually.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:08 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• This seems like you are living my life, a life I just got out of a few months ago. I thought I would never move on and I would always love him and could never forget about him. What you have to realize is he did this to his wife so what would stop him from doing it to you? Nothing! I was fell in love with some one that was not him real self, and it hurts it hurt bad! This will make you stronger and your deserve better! Keep your chin up!
    Anonymous

• This is my story too right now, except he wasn't married. I met and fell for someone very quickly and 7 months later it was over and I was left heart broken. I've tried dating others but it just doesn't cut it because they are not him. Really the only thing that's going to heal you is time. I don't know if you can every fully be over someone you once loved though, it's a hard situation! I wish you the best!
    Anonymous

• It really takes time to get over someone you cared for. Take each day one at a time, do the things you want to do, limit or cease contact with him. When a relationship is over some people tend to dwell on the good in the person, and forget all the bad things. Try to focus your thoughts on the things that were not good, the things that really would not be acceptable for any long term relationship...his cheating on his wife and lying is something to not be overlooked. Could you really trust him to be honest with you?

I was in a similar situation, this person went back to his gf while he was seeing me. Hiding our relationship from her, she was dying in the hospital and he was with me before visits with her (seriously) he made me feel so special. I still have a hard time..but I know ultimately he really is not a good person. In fact I can almost guarantee he was cheating on both of us...I just refused to see it.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 5:52 PM on Dec. 1, 2009