For those that have had a (cervical) herniated disc.....

I think it's what I have. I'm in lots of pain and with no insurance Dr will have to wait til after the holidays. Are there any ways to ease the pain with exercise? And what should I expect once I get to the Dr?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Health

• You may not have a herniated disc. My chiropractor said I did and when I went to a real doctor she was pissed bc the chiro misdiagnosed me. Yes you can get relief with exercises. Just look up lower back (or wherever your pain is) exercises. I just finished Physical Therapy for my lower back pain and it's amazing what stretches can do to take the pain away. Alternate ice and heat and take Motrin/Ibuprofen for inflammation reduction. See if someone close to you will massage that area as well.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:55 PM on Dec. 1, 2009