Is there anyone who went back to work within a week of delivering? AND what is the soonest your starting working out (vigorously)?

NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Asked by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 1:09 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think that would be so hard. i was soooo sleepy for weeks and weeks from being up half the night. i hope that you can get more time off than that! :) gl!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 1:40 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• No! I would never ever in a million years leave my baby to go back to work within a few days!
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 1:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

ma2b08

• i went back after 3 weeks but i got to take my daughter with me to work i would have never went back that soon if she wasnt able to go with me
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 1:20 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I went back to work after 7 months, and even then only Friday nights and the occasional Saturday. Vigorously working out? Like 7-8 weeks; I had a csection.

Answer by missanc at 2:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I went back to work about 5 weeks after I had my dd by Csection and it was fine. A week would have been WAY to soon though.. I started walking the lake and the dike in our town about 2 weeks after she was born-not like I had been before though. I'd say I waddled the lake acctually.. HA!
    It was prob about 3 weeks before I started my usual routine of walk/run, stretch, 45 mins yoga again. Yoga def helped my tummy and the incision!!! The dr wasn't happy when he heard I had started it before my 6 week check up though! :(
    Anonymous

• I went back to school exactly 2 weeks after I had my daughter and started working out like normal about 4 weeks after. Vaginal birth with few complications.
    javila

Answer by javila at 5:02 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I was doing work at home when my daughter was two weeks old. I was started going into the office for a few hours a day when she was about 5 weeks old. I was back working full time when she was 8 weeks old (and I managed to breastfeed for 23 months).

Answer by rkoloms at 5:28 PM on Dec. 1, 2009